Wednesday 26 August 2015

A Satisfied Single by Sarah Evans

Sometimes it's lonely to be single, but not in the way you think. I usually like being single and having my freedom. Unfortunately, the world is definitely not set up for single people. You only have to turn on the radio to hear tons of songs about love and heartbreak. This is why I don't listen to a lot of music - I mostly listen to talk radio.

I think the bigger issue is how society views singleness. I realize that many people want to be in relationships and that society has changed its views in the past few decades.

Still, I feel like being single isn't completely accepted. I think that for many people, being single just means waiting for the right person. It's more about what a person is not and does not have than it's about what a person is. Even if someone wants to be in a relationship, it's important for us all to be happy and satisfied with ourselves first.

No comments:

Post a Comment